what ur average tragedy looks like after 100 years
1. You are 3 years old or younger.
2. You are an infant or toddler.
3. You are in the very early developmental stages of human life.
4. You never experienced September 11, and you don’t know what it is because you can barely grasp basic tasks like walking and using a toilet.
5. You were born on or after January 1, 2010.
6. You were born three years, five months and seven days ago or more recently.
7. You cannot read this list because your brain is not developed enough for literacy of the English language.
8. You’ve never been on MySpace and you don’t know what that is. You cannot type or competently use a computer.
9. You don’t know who Michael Jordan is. You don’t know who most celebrities are because you’re in such an early stage of life that you can barely recognize and remember the people in your immediate and extended family.
10. You never knew Pluto as a planet. You don’t know what planets are or anything about the cosmos because you are a young child who has no concept of abstract ideas whatsoever.
The Potoo - Either the most unphotogenic or the most ridiculous looking bird in the world.
Herp derp durp
Janet Jackson - “Like You Don’t Love Me”
AZLYRICS, are you sure the lyric is “wearing that same teddy bear,” because I always hear “wearing that same titty bare.” It makes more sense in context because honestly, how the hell does one wear a teddy bear? Then again, why anyone would try to seduce her lover with just a quarter of her torso undressed is a mystery too. In the end, none of that really matters because those horns (and those thick opening drums…and that pre-chorus…and the actual chorus) can compensate for anything - even the slightly creepy “Damittaaa Joooo” at the end.
Janet Jackson - “Someone to Call My Lover”
I used to dislike this song because it was so cutesy. Details like that perky guitar lick, those freestyle-lite beats (they’re like bubbles! Argh!), and the line “he’ll drive a funky car!” made my eyes roll all over the place. Interestingly, my opinion of this song has reversed completely within the past week. Nowadays I can’t enough of how fuckin’ adorable it is. Finals review week is bleak and the chance of me doing well this semester is even bleaker, so maybe I’m just gravitating towards any joy and sunshine I can find. Not that I’m wringing my hands over this - I love to love you, Janet.
Mariah Carey & Miguel - “Beautiful”
Ah, this song makes me smile :]
Be careful what you wish for.
Wow what I never realized the colors were inverted
You’d think I would have noticed that
That’s the point. The world Coraline lives in is supposed to be boring and gray, but the people are what give it life and purpose. In the Other Mother’s world the people are plastic puppets where she pulls the strings because it presumably changes for every child she takes, but the world around them is bright and colorful for the purpose of enticing the children to stay… before they notice the inhabitants are nothing but dust.
that was deep